Grabbing is taking your enemy and holding him while threatening him with your knife.
- AFTER grabbing an opponent, your character will automatically start interrogating the enemy.
The enemy could say nothing or he could provide you with some intel. Maybe give away a buddy's or a leader's position. Or even a fort's location.
- When the interrogation is over it will display:
The enemy has nothing more to say.
- You can interrupt interrogation at any time by making a choice
- Kill (default key: mousclick)
- Stun the enemy (default key: F). (See: Non-lethal force)
There are two ways to grab an enemy:
- While hidden: when you are hidden, you will always be able to grab an Enemy with full health (or lower). Just get close enough and press F to grab. Keep in mind your position might change because of the animation or this action might cause a sound (see Loudness).
- During combat: when your enemy drops below X % health (default = 30%) you will also be able to grab an enemy by using F, this will be prompted if it becomes available. You can lower this % by unlocking skills.
- Grabbing an enemy will end the fight with that NPC, other enemies will still attack you, and friendly-fire is a real possibility.
- Keep in mind if you are fighting off multiple enemies that grabbing one of them might put you in a vulnerable position.
- Sometimes you will need interrogation to start, continue or finish Quests.